DIVERSE BRAINS, DIVERSE LEARNERS: UNDERSTANDING THE COMPLEX WORLD OF YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS
1-3 day workshop series + follow-up coaching
Designed for Classroom Teachers and Administrators
With the significant increase of English language learners in K-12 schools nationwide, educators are struggling to find ways to effectively address their diverse linguistic and academic needs. Using Mind-Brain-Education Science principles, neurobiology of bilingualism and biliteracy research as her foundation, Jo Gusman will share a powerful framework, effective strategies, and personal insights to help educators better serve their culturally and linguistically diverse students and their families.
- Learn about the Foundation-Frameworks-Tools School Improvement Model© - A Brain-Based program model designed to raise the levels of achievement among culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Learn how to use Jo Gusman’s 4Cs - Culture, Context, Contact, Content Curriculum and Instruction Framework to meet the diverse language and literacy needs of emerging bilinguals and English language learners.
- Examine Jo Gusman’s 4 B’S for addressing the linguistic and academic needs of emerging bilinguals and English language learners.
- Learn the most current research in the areas of the Neurobiology of Bilingualism, Biliteracy, and Bicognition.
- Learn to use Mind-Brain-Education Science curriculum and instruction frameworks, processes and strategies specifically designed for culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Learn the 5 Differentiated Instruction Elements and how to use them to provide English language learners with the appropriate curriculum modifications and instructional accommodations and interventions.
- Receive Jo Gusman’s Workshop Resource Handbook© – The extensive resource handbook you will receive will not only provide you with the materials you will need throughout the workshop process, but will also provide you with a wealth of instructional frameworks, processes and techniques you can implement immediately.
Click here to have someone from New Horizons In Education
contact you about bring Jo Gusman to your educators or
Call 1-800-573-NHIE (6443) for more information.