Response to Instruction and Intervention: Practical Frameworks, Processes and Strategies to Enhance the Performance of Your English Language Learners
1-3 Day Workshop Series
Designed for Classroom Teachers and Administrators
How can we help our English language learners (ELL) who appear to be falling behind in their literacy development? How can we make sure that we are assessing our ELLs language and literacy development accurately? How do we help our ELL students read and comprehend in a language that is not their primary language? What can we do to help our ELL students before they fall too far behind in their language and literacy development? In this interactive, dynamic seminar, Jo Gusman will share effective ways to integrate her Foundation-Framework-Tool Model© and a "RTII-tiered model" to provide the most appropriate modifications, accommodations, and interventions designed to meet the diverse linguistic, academic, social, and cultural needs of your English Language Learners.
- Understand the original Response to Intervention (RtI) and the Response to Intervention and Instruction (RtII) 3 Tiered Models and their use with ELL students.
- Learn how to implement the more appropriate Response to Instruction and Intervention (RtII) Tiered Model for Your ELL students.
- Learn how RtII-tiered model can be adapted to your work with ELL students … How to use language and literacy data to plan modifications, accommodations, and interventions for each tier.
- Apply the most current research from the areas of biliteracy and the Neurosciences to strengthen reading comprehension, fluency and vocabulary development.
- Receive a wide variety of practical, culturally responsive strategies that will help your ELLs better process and comprehend text and concepts.
- Receive Jo Gusman’s Workshop Resource Handbook© – The extensive resource handbook you will receive will not only provide you with the materials you will need throughout the workshop process, but will also provide you with a wealth of instructional frameworks, processes and techniques you can implement immediately.
Click here to have someone from New Horizons In Education
contact you about bring Jo Gusman to your educators or
Call 1-800-573-NHIE (6443) for more information.